Wednesday 4 September 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil - Review

Lately I've been trying to find a great eyebrow product since my last one got discontinued. Since Maybelline has like a thousand eyebrow products in their range, I decided to give their Master Shape Brow Pencil a shot.

What Maybelline Says; 
" Create a statement brow with this brow pencil, designed to help groom and refine browns. The natural waxes and defined pencil tip is engineered to give you control to allow delicate feathering, while the brush end of the wand helps to even out the colour for a full and soft brow. Available in three shades: Blonde, Soft Brown, and Deep Brown "

 

Maybelline
Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil
RRP:$11.50
Buy Here: Priceline
  
First noticed that the product was a wax texture. Ive never used wax pencil before so this was a surprise. On the other end of the pencil is a brush to comb through those brows to ensure each hair is shaped before applying the product. I did find that very helpful, combed nicely and simple to use.



 
When applying, I'd brush my brows into place then with the pencil do smooth, light strokes following my natural brow. It applied smoothly and blended quite nicely and didn't leave harsh lines. Then I'd re-brush them into the shape I want. After a couple of hours, I had noticed that my eye brows went clumpy and oily, the texture was very waxy that it just made my eyebrows look horrible. It looked nothing like how I first applied it.

Besides how the end results were the product was an absolute and total pain to sharpen. The pencil is made out of plastic, so sharpening a plastic pencil wasn't the best thing, I would of preferred a twisted applicator. This product was definitely a let down, and I've never buy this again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment