Tuesday 14 April 2015

Max Factor: Facefinity All Day Primer Review

Max Factor makeup artists know the secret to flawless skin and a long-lasting beauty look starts with a carefully applied base. This isn't just with the use of foundation, it's also a primer to perfect and camouflage for a truly professional finish; so the look is even, matte and long-lasting. Inspired by this artistry, Max Factor introduces new ‘Facefinity All Day Primer’ a product rooted in Max Factor science and innovation.

MAX FACTOR
Facefinity All Day Primer
$31.95 AUD
www.maxfactor.com.au



Max Factor have taken the secret long-wear ingredient from the 3-in-1 Flawless Foundation and created this stand along primer. The patented flexi-hold technology creates a flexible and comfortable film in the skin to deliver an even surface, while micro correctors works hard to absorb sweat and sebum, promises to extend the wear of your foundation for an all-day flawless finish. It also contains SPF 20 to help protect your skin from the skin.

The primer itself comes in a 30ML stylish glass bottle with a plastic dispenser pump & cap. With the glass bottle it looks rather high end and expensive looking, along with an edge of  gold detailing makes it chic and classic. The wording on the packing is kept simple and clean, with no directions on how-to. I love the fact that it has a pump dispenser, which makes controlling the formula super easy, there's nothing worse then wasting product.


The formula is silky white liquid, when you think of white product, everyone thinks it'd leave a white cast. How we this product does not leave a cast on the skin and is suitable for all skin types and tones. It spreads beautifully across the skin and sinks in quickly, leaving a satin matte finish. I haven't attached before and after photos because photographing a primer doing its magic, doesn't really show unless you're in front of me. However, do take my word that I did notice a difference within my skin. I applied this product with my fingers, as I found that pressing into my skin was the best option to really see results. One thing that I didn't like; was the smell, it's a very odd smell to describe but non the less it disappeared once it dried.

Specifically, it works best in three key ways:
1) Applied before foundation to extend wear and ensure foundation remains mattified throughout the day
2) Applied before a lighter coverage product (such as BB or CC Creams) for confidence that your look won't fade
3) Used as an alternative to adding multiple powders after foundation application that can appear cakey and overdone


My skin is a tough one to crack, some days I'll be oily the next I'm dry or just plain normal. I've tried this product over a 2 week period which experienced all three and it's fair to say that it's honestly worked wonders. It's helped my foundation last throughout the day and night. I've found that I don't need to use as much powder as I normally would for top ups. Overall I've really enjoyed using this primer, it's given and shown me fantastic results and I will continue using it. It's perfect for all year round primer and has plenty of benefits. I highly recommend purchasing this product, testing it in stores or just getting a small sample from a Max Factor station.

“Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer is a must-have for creating the perfect base, and is particularly great for oillier skin types. The mattifiers absorb excess sebum, creating a professional base that's going to last. The primer is great; it feels really silky smooth on the skin. Apply the primer following your moisturiser, using a flat foundation brush and sweeping it over the T-zone.” Says Liz Kelsh, Max Factor Australia Head Make-Up Artist.

*this product was provided by PR company, Im not being paid to in any form. All information is from my personal experience & 100% honest*

No comments:

Post a Comment